This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use this. During our activities, we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how I/we will handle your information.
At HOME CONNECT LTD, we take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
We are notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number Z3582446 and we are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
Our Data Protection Officer is Ahmed Ali who can be reached at 02084727020 (option 2)
Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be sent to Home Connect Ltd, 426 High Street North, Manor Park, London-E12 6RH
How we collect information from you and what information we collect
We use different ways to collect data about you including the information you supply to us when applying for a tenancy/residency. If you fail to provide this information we may not be able to proceed.
- Tenant name, e-mail address, telephone number Date of Birth, address (including any previous addresses), marital status, National Insurance Number, nationality, next of kin, name of university or college where you are studying (if applicable), the name of friends that you are staying with (if applicable);
- Guarantor name, e-mail address, telephone number, Date of Birth, address (including any previous addresses), marital status, National Insurance Number, nationality, next of kin (if applicable);
- Property address; term, rent, deposit, utility and service responsibilities;
- The employment status of tenants and/or guarantors, address, contact details (including email, phone and fax numbers) of the employer/accountant, payroll numbers, length of employment, salary information (including any regular overtime or commission), and any other income received;
- Bank account details of the tenant, including account number and sort code, and any hire purchase/loan agreements/credit cards or store cards that you have; and any welfare benefits that you may be eligible for, or are currently on.
- Personal/background information including occupation/status
- Verification and credit status
- Deposit (if any) including return on tenancy termination
- Tenancy details including renewals, joint tenants, other residents and guarantors
- Immigration/right to rent checks (England only)
- Rent and other payments
- Recovery of arrears, claims or possession proceedings
- Repairs/health and safety/housing conditions
- Breach of tenancy terms/nuisance/antisocial behaviour
- Council Tax liability
- Water charges payable
- Utilities and services provided
- Welfare Benefits
- Termination of the tenancy
- Audio and CCTV recordings (if any)
- Health or disability
- Emails texts and other communications and via our website where we operate one.
- Website and online portal information.
- We also generate and use data internally, e.g. our rent records.
Why we need this information about you and how it will be used
We need your information and will use your information:
- to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you;
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
- to help you to manage your tenancy;
- to carry out due diligence on any prospective tenant, including whether there is any money judgements against them, or any history of bankruptcy or insolvency;
- to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer;
- to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our supplies which may affect you; and
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business.
Sharing of Your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential and will be processed only by any third party, acting on our behalf, within the UK/EEA. We may disclose your information to third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- Information can be shared with other landlords including where you apply to another landlord for a tenancy; contractors/ suppliers; utilities and service providers; tradespeople; financial organisations (including banks and insurance companies); debt collection and tracing agents; public and government bodies (including those who administer benefits, such as the Department for Work and Pensions or the local authority); courts; police and law enforcement agencies; taxation authorities; local authorities in relation to Council Tax and regulatory functions; letting and managing agents; and any future owner of the property.
We may need to share information with your next of kin etc., e.g. in an emergency. It may be necessary for us to share information with a future owner of the property if we are selling. We also may share information with professional advisers such as lawyers and accountants or an advice agency which involves sharing information about you with them.
If you live in a flat we give information to the freeholder, managing agent etc., for the block of flats.
We also send notifications to, and have correspondence with any tenancy deposit scheme protecting any tenancy deposit which has been paid.
In some cases, we may be under a legal obligation to provide information either because of the law or because of a contractual obligating binding on us.
What we share will depend on what is necessary in the circumstances and more details are given in the Table in respect of different kinds of information which we hold about you.
- If we enter into a joint venture with or merged with a business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners;
- To carry out due diligence on you as a prospective tenant/ guarantor, including but not limited to the carrying out of affordability checks, due diligence checks and the obtaining of references from relevant parties, whose data you have provided;
- If you request so, your information shall be disclosed in order to determine if there are any money judgements against you, as the prospective tenant/guarantor, or to determine if they have a history of bankruptcy or insolvency;
- If you are unable to make payments under your tenancy, your information may be disclosed to any relevant party assisting in the recovery of this debt or the tracing of you as a tenant; and
- In the creation, renewal or termination of the tenancy, your information will be disclosed to the relevant local authority, tenancy deposit scheme administrator, service/utility provider, freeholder, factor, facilities manager or any other relevant person or organisation in connection with this.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Transfers outside the UK and Europe
Your information will only be stored within the UK and EEA. If ever information is transferred outside the UK or EEA, we ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your information in accordance with this notice, including the following:
When you give us information we take steps to make sure that your personal information is kept secure and safe.
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law. We may be legally required to hold some types of information, or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
Our full retention schedule is available in our office at Home Connect ltd 426 High street north, London-E12 6RH.
You have the right at any time to:
- ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in my records;
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information;
- make a request to us to delete what personal data of yours we hold; and
- object to receiving any marketing communications from us.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above, please contact us at email@example.com
Should you wish to complain about the use of your information, we would ask that you contact us to resolve this matter in the first instance. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane,
Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
The accuracy of your information is important to us please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways in connection with activities, services, features or resources we make available on our website. Users may visit our website anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilised and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.